Last updated: January 07, 2017
Information We Collect
When you use the Proximity Marketing 4 U Applications, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Device-related information;
- IP address-related information;
- Location-related information;
- Notification-related information
- Any other information you provide us.
We may combine information received from you when using the HPM Applications with information from external sources.
We automatically collect information about how you use our HPM Applications, for example, pages you have viewed. We also collect certain technical information about your device including your Internet protocol address, geo-location information, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version, device types, device model and manufacturer, device identifiers, and your device operating system type and version.
How Houston Proximity Marketing Uses Your Information
Houston Proximity Marketinguses your information to:
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the PM4U Applications;
- Communicate with you about your use of the PM4U Applications;
- Develop and expand our services to better suit the needs of PM4U users;
- Customize any advertising and marketing content you view;
- Recommend content to you;
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the PM4U Applications and for other marketing purposes of PM4U using your contact information;
- Send administrative communications about the PM4U Applications;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Measure and analyse the demographics, interests and behaviour of PM4U members;
- Provide aggregate, anonymized data to partners, advertisers and other third parties;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
Using HPM Applications to Share You Own Information
The PM4U Applications may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, profile, and information publicly or with other HPM users. You may control the Personal Information shared via controls built into the PM4U Applications. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
The PM4U Applications may also provide you with the option to share certain information from your PM4U account with social networking services like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
We are not responsible for the use or re-sharing by others of any of your information once it is made public. If you do not want your information to be made public, you should not use the PM4U Applications in this manner and/or you should adjust your privacy settings on the applicable social networking service accordingly.
How PM4U Discloses Your Information
PM4U considers your Personal Information an essential part of our relationship with you and a key component in delivering a great service. Access to your Personal Information within PM4U Applications is strictly limited to the persons for whom such information is necessary for the performance of their functions and duties. Unauthorized access to or disclosure of your Personal Information by a PM4U employee is strictly prohibited and will result in appropriate disciplinary measures.
- With your consent or at your direction;
- With others who perform services on our behalf;
- If we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant;
- If we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect PM4U and our PM4U Applications, or any rights, property, or personal safety of PM4U or others;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary in an emergency situation to protect the safety of any person;
- To address any breach of PM4U User or Provider Agreement;
- As a transferred business asset in the event that PM4U is or may be acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets; and
- As a transferred business asset in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
PM4U may also share non-identifiable data with our partners, advertisers and other third parties, such as aggregated and anonymized information, receipt data, mobile data and cookie data.
In some cases, Personal Information of PM4U users may be stored or processed outside of the United States. In such cases, we continue to protect this information with appropriate safeguards, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction and governmental authority of those countries.
We may retain information for the time required to fulfil the identified purposes and consistent purposes, our legitimate business purposes, and to conform to our legislative requirements. We may retain your information in aggregate or anonymized form indefinitely.
No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should also take special care I deciding what information you share through the PM4U Applications.
By installing, accessing or using the PM4U Applications on any device including uploading or downloading any materials or content, you agree to be bound by the Policy and you consent to your Personal Information being collected, used, retained and disclosed as described above. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, PM4U may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Some application platforms may also allow you to opt out of installing certain features of the PM4U Application, which may allow for automatic collection of certain data. You do not have to use any of the PM4U mobile application features unless you choose to, however, opting out of any or all features may affect the application’s ability to operate properly.
When you use PM4U Applications, we may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website or mobile application over time so that they may play or display advertisements that may be relevant to your interests. Typically, the shared information is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from PM4U or from third parties. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs and Web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
Access to and Corrections of Your Information
You have the right to know what information PM4U has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please direct any such requests by email to , or by one of the other means listed below under the heading “PM4U Contact Information”.
We will not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete such information.
HPM Contact Information